100 of the most influential architects and designers to meet and explore innovation
A global economic recession, the loss of billions of dollars of construction projects, and layoffs that continue to burn through the architecture, engineering, and construction professions are not enough to quell interest in sustainable building design. This is one conclusion of the DesignIntelligence 2009 Sustainable Design Survey.
The much-anticipated annual event invites 100 delegates from the world’s most influential A/E/C firms to convene for two days to identify change drivers, analyze emerging data, and explore innovation in sustainable design.
Delegates will hear from some of the most celebrated thinkers of our time, including:
- Daniel Pink, New York Times bestselling author of A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future
- Moshe Safdie, internationally renowned architect and recipient of numerous awards and honors
- Adrian Smith, partner, Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architects, internationally acclaimed architect of significant high-performance skyscrapers
- Richard Saul Wurman, information architecture pioneer, TED conferences creator, and author of more than 80 books
- David Adamson, leading U.K. sustainable development consultant and former construction director in Her Majesty’s Treasury
- Stefan Behling, senior partner, Foster + Partners, and pioneer of new techniques for energy management
Sept. 30 – Oct 2, Fairmont Chicago Hotel, Chicago
Registration is limited to a maximum delegation of 100 leaders in the A/E/C and related professions to ensure ample time for meaningful dialogue with peers and speakers. The conference is by invitation only.