High Performance Energy Practices in Urban Environments
University of Tennessee College of Architecture & Design and Oak Ridge National Laboratory are seeking a full time position to lead applied research in energy performance and environmentally responsible design for new and existing buildings and communities
The joint appointment is a catalyst for change, building upon an expertise that informs relatively traditional urban design practices with new researches in emerging clean energy technologies. Applied research in this area will be a powerful contributor to urban development and economic growth of the state of Tennessee and the region, establishing international leadership in a new form of urban design practice.
This Governor’s chair, which is one of 9 with the UT System, will utilizes specific UT/ORNL strengths in Computational Sciences, Materials Science, Neutron Sciences, and Biosciences. They will utilize ORNL’s Building Technologies Research and Integration Center (BTRIC), a Department of Energy National User Facility with eighty staff members. BTRIC serves as a science-to-solution center to accelerate industry partner’s new building energy efficiency products in three core areas (envelope, equipment, and system/building integration) into the market. The Chair will also be affiliated with the college of architecture and design. There is considerable flexibility in the appointment which will allow for the chair to be filled by a professional service firm rather than an individual.
- Joint appointment between University of Tennessee College of Architecture & Design and Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Fulltime position to lead applied research in energy performance and environmentally responsible design for new and existing buildings and communities
- Potential tenured faculty position
- Professional service firms may also submit their qualification for this position
- Utilize ORNL’s Building Technologies Research and Integration Center (BTRIC)
Location: Knoxville Tennessee
Additional information for interested individuals or firms at www.greenway.us or by contacting Greenway Group
25 Technology Parkway South
Suite 101 | Norcross, GA 30092