Thirteen individuals honored for their contributions to the advancement of design, design solutions, or the design professions.
Design Futures Council co-chairman James P. Cramer has announced the selection of 2009 Design Futures Council Fellows. Twelve individuals were honored in recognition of their “significant contributions toward the understanding of changing trends, new research, and applied knowledge leading to innovative design models that improve the built environment and the human condition,” according to the citation.
Fellowship is granted to individuals who have provided noteworthy leadership to the advancement of design, design solutions, or the design professions.
The DFC Senior Fellows for 2009 are:
• Carrie Byles, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLC
• Wing T. Chao, Walt Disney Imagineering
• Daniel P. Coffey, Daniel P. Coffey & Associates Ltd.
• Maj. Gen. Del Eulberg, United States Air Force
• Michael Graves, Michael Graves & Associates
• Robert C. Grupe, USG Corp.
• Craig W. Hartman, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLC
• Brad Pitt, actor and environmental advocate
• Jane Poynter, Paragon Space Development Corp.
• Renzo Piano, Renzo Piano Building Workshop
• Stephen J. Senkowski, Armstrong World Industries
• Alan Webber, Fast Company
“We are most inspired and we congratulate our new DFC Senior Fellows,” said Cramer.