New analysis of tuition and fees for all NAAB-accredited B.Arch and M.Arch programs in the United States
CORRECTION 3.9.11, 7:30 a.m.: Most expensive M.Arch program ammended to University of Southern California.
The research team at DesignIntelligence has just published “Architecture School Tuition & Fee Report 2010-2011,” a new analysis of architecture school tuition and fees. The report is a companion to the “America’s Best Architecture & Design Schools” annual rankings by DesignIntelligence.
According to Publisher James P. Cramer, the research is a part of a comprehensive series of surveys and reports on the future of architectural education and architectural practice conduced on behalf of the Design Futures Council.
The report includes the following information for each NAAB-accredited bachelor of architecture (B.Arch) and master of architecture (M.Arch) program in the United States:
- Semester/quarter class schedule
- In-state tuition per year
- Out-of-state tuition per year
- Mandatory fees at the institution
- Mandatory fees in the college of architecture
- Other mandatory fees
- Total in-state tuition
- Total out-of state tuition
- Five-category analysis of total expense from one $ rating of $8,000 and under to $$$$$ rating of more than $32,001
A few findings in the DesignIntelligence tuition report, which focuses on value and economy in architectural education:
- The least expensive B.Arch program in the United States is at Cooper Union, where tuition and fees total $1,650.
- The most expensive B.Arch program in the United States is at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, where tuition and fees total $43,570.
- The least expensive M.Arch program in the United States is at University of Louisiana at Lafayette, where tuition and fees total $13,664
- The most expensive M.Arch program in the United States is at University of Southern California, where tuition and fees total $42,100.
- The overall average in-state tuition and fees nationally is $19,454 at the B.Arch level and $19,212 at the M.Arch level.
- The overall average out-of-state tuition and fees nationally is $25,725 at the B.Arch level and $25,774 at the M.Arch level.
- The average M.Arch tuition and fees at private colleges and universities has risen to $31,872 at the undergraduate level and $33,025 at the graduate level
Further tuition and fee analysis shows urban vs. non-urban, public vs. private and regional comparisons.
The full report, which includes statistics on every NAAB-accredited program, is available in the DesignIntelligence bookstore.
DuPont Building Innovations Sponsors Program’s Scholarships Read full »
The Design Futures Council names six professionals as its Emerging Leaders for 2013. Read full »
Design Futures Council Announces Changes to the Nantucket Principles with a new Commitment: The Portland Promise Read full »
A definitive analysis of the best architecture, landscape architecture, interior design, and industrial design programs across the United States Read full »
DI.net RSS Feeds
DI.net on Twitter
- This Super Tall, Super Thin Tower Was Built Just To Test Elevators ow.ly/QkNVk18 hours ago by @dinet
- Here’s What Inspired Top Minds in AI to Get Into the Field - Bloomberg Business ow.ly/QkBR121 hours ago by @dinet
- Rem Koolhaas on Prada, Preservation, Art and Architecture | ArchDaily ow.ly/QkXti22 hours ago by @dinet