Annual research presents data on salaries and bonuses.
The new DesignIntelligence Compensation and Benefits Survey 2012 shows that salaries and bonuses are up in America's architecture and design firms.
The research, conducted in late 2011, represents data from U.S. firms totaling more than 12,000 staff.
Now in its seventh year, the annual report presents base and bonus compensation among a wide range of professionals in all stages of their career, from five years of practice through 20-plus. Compensation is tracked by geographic region, firm size, and by firms in the highest- to lowest-paying 20th percentiles.
Among the representative findings:
- An architect with 20-plus years of professional experience is likely to earn $101,101 in salary plus a 5.6 percent bonus, for total annual compensation of $106,769.
- An interior designer with 10 to 14 years of experience earns a salary that is 3.3 percent higher than last year.
- The mean bonus for a partner with equity in a firm is 30.6 percent.
DesignIntelligence Compensation and Benefits Survey 2012 presents salaries and bonuses for:
- C-title executives such as CEO, COO, CFO
- Firm partners and principals
- Architects at all levels of their career, from intern to 20+ years
- Landscape architects
- Interior designers
- Project managers
- Marketing and support staff
Also included in the report is data regarding staff and owner benefits, firm demographics, and a historical perspective on compensation for all staff types.
DesignIntelligence is the journal of the Design Futures Council, an interdisciplinary network of design, product, and construction leaders. Members include leading architecture and design firms, dynamic manufacturers, service providers, and forward-thinking architecture/engineering/construction firms of all sizes that take an active interest in their future.
The DesignIntelligence Compensation and Benefits Survey 2012 is published by Greenway Communications, a division of Greenway Group.
High Performance Energy Practices in Urban Environments Read full »
Design Futures Council Announces Changes to the Nantucket Principles with a new Commitment: The Portland Promise Read full »
In the biggest issue of DesignIntelligence ever published, "America's Best Architecture & Design Schools 2013" presents a definitive analysis of architecture and design programs across the United... Read full »
DI.net RSS Feeds
DI.net on twitter
- Technology Trends Transforming the Design Process - DesignIntelligence http://t.co/PbRmv73uv6@dinet May 21 18:31 pm
- Photographic 'Love Letters' to New York and London - The Atlantic Cities http://t.co/AcFf2AGrNd@dinet May 21 13:15 pm
- The Lost Art of Luggage Labels - Bonnie Tsui - The Atlantic Cities http://t.co/gFgj67GQfS@dinet May 21 11:30 am