Results of the 2010 DesignIntelligence Sustainable Design Survey show who the architecture/engineering/construction industry reveres as role models for the their sustainable design efforts.
Five individuals are cited as stars of sustainability by the nation’s most influential architects and designers. Results of the 2010 DesignIntelligence Sustainable Design Survey show who the architecture/engineering/construction industry reveres as role models for their sustainable design efforts:
1. William McDonough
2. Ed Mazria
3. Bob Berkebile
4. Ray Anderson
5. Amory Lovins
The survey also reveals the firms most lauded for their green sensibilities:
2. Perkins + Will
4. Kieran Timberlake
5. William McDonough + Partners
For more than a decade, DesignIntelligence has surveyed America’s leading architecture and design firms about a range of topical issues, including compensation practices, America’s Best Architecture & Design Schools, multinational practice, and more. The 2010 DesignIntelligence Sustainable Design Survey, which is published in the July/August issue of DesignIntelligence, takes the pulse of the industry and includes data such as:
- The professional organizations that are best deploying resources with regard to sustainability issues
- Satisfaction with progress toward green design
- The percentage of work that is environmentally responsible
- How industry leaders have changed their personal and work habits to reduce their carbon footprint
- The most admired individuals, contractors, and supplier companies as sustainability role models
Also included in the issue are in-depth feature articles by sustainable design leaders.
Purchase the July/August issue of DesignIntelligence in the bookstore.