James P. Cramer recognizes the 2010 senior fellows for "significant contributions toward the understanding of changing trends, new research, and applied knowledge leading to innovative design models that improve the built environment and the human condition."
This week, 11 people were named senior fellows of the Design Futures Council (DFC). DFC co-chairman James P. Cramer recognized the new 2010 senior fellows for their "significant contributions toward the understanding of changing trends, new research, and applied knowledge leading to innovative design models that improve the built environment and the human condition."
The DFC Senior Fellows for 2010 are:
- James F. Barker, president of Clemson University
- Peter Bohlin, founding principal of Bohlin Cywinski Jackson and recipient of the 2010 AIA Gold Medal
- Barbara White Bryson, associate vice president at Rice University and author of the newly published book The Owner’s Dilemma
- David Childs, consulting design partner at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Cindy Coleman, partner at Frankel + Coleman, author, editor, and advisor for the Marcus Prize
- Carol Coletta, president and CEO of CEOs for Cities and host of PBS’ “Smart City”
- Rick Fedrizzi, president and CEO of the U.S. Green Building Council
- Scott Harrison, president and founder of charity: water
- Maya Lin, architect and creator of the Vietnam Memorial
- Glenn Murcutt, professor and architect
- Nicholas You, planner and director of UN Habitat
Fellowship in the DFC is granted to individuals who have provided noteworthy leadership to the advancement of design, design solutions, or the design professions.
The DFC is an interdisciplinary network of design, product, and construction leaders exploring global trends, challenges, and opportunities to advance innovation and shape the future of the industry and environment. Members include leading architecture and design firms, dynamic manufacturers, service providers, and forward-thinking A/E/C firms of all sizes that take an active interest in their future. DesignIntelligence is the journal of the DFC.
ATLANTA, GA - The Design Futures Council (DFC) has named six professionals as its Emerging Leaders at the organization's 15th annual Leadership Summit on Sustainable Design. Read full »
ATLANTA, GA – The Design Futures Council has named eight professionals as its Emerging Leaders for 2015. These individuals will receive registration scholarships to attend the 14th annual... Read full »
Atlanta, Georgia – The Design Futures Council (DFC) announced the elevation of fourteen new Honorary Senior Fellows.The Design Futures Council Senior Fellowship is granted annually to... Read full »