James P. Cramer recognizes the 2010 senior fellows for "significant contributions toward the understanding of changing trends, new research, and applied knowledge leading to innovative design models that improve the built environment and the human condition."
This week, 11 people were named senior fellows of the Design Futures Council (DFC). DFC co-chairman James P. Cramer recognized the new 2010 senior fellows for their "significant contributions toward the understanding of changing trends, new research, and applied knowledge leading to innovative design models that improve the built environment and the human condition."
The DFC Senior Fellows for 2010 are:
- James F. Barker, president of Clemson University
- Peter Bohlin, founding principal of Bohlin Cywinski Jackson and recipient of the 2010 AIA Gold Medal
- Barbara White Bryson, associate vice president at Rice University and author of the newly published book The Owner’s Dilemma
- David Childs, consulting design partner at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Cindy Coleman, partner at Frankel + Coleman, author, editor, and advisor for the Marcus Prize
- Carol Coletta, president and CEO of CEOs for Cities and host of PBS’ “Smart City”
- Rick Fedrizzi, president and CEO of the U.S. Green Building Council
- Scott Harrison, president and founder of charity: water
- Maya Lin, architect and creator of the Vietnam Memorial
- Glenn Murcutt, professor and architect
- Nicholas You, planner and director of UN Habitat
Fellowship in the DFC is granted to individuals who have provided noteworthy leadership to the advancement of design, design solutions, or the design professions.
The DFC is an interdisciplinary network of design, product, and construction leaders exploring global trends, challenges, and opportunities to advance innovation and shape the future of the industry and environment. Members include leading architecture and design firms, dynamic manufacturers, service providers, and forward-thinking A/E/C firms of all sizes that take an active interest in their future. DesignIntelligence is the journal of the DFC.
High Performance Energy Practices in Urban Environments Read full »
Design Futures Council Announces Changes to the Nantucket Principles with a new Commitment: The Portland Promise Read full »
In the biggest issue of DesignIntelligence ever published, "America's Best Architecture & Design Schools 2013" presents a definitive analysis of architecture and design programs across the United... Read full »
DI.net RSS Feeds
DI.net on twitter
- Technology Trends Transforming the Design Process - DesignIntelligence http://t.co/PbRmv73uv6@dinet May 21 18:31 pm
- Photographic 'Love Letters' to New York and London - The Atlantic Cities http://t.co/AcFf2AGrNd@dinet May 21 13:15 pm
- The Lost Art of Luggage Labels - Bonnie Tsui - The Atlantic Cities http://t.co/gFgj67GQfS@dinet May 21 11:30 am